Notifications
Clear all

[Solved] How can I make message destinations available on Integration Subscription UI?

3 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
Topic starter

We need to put generated outbound messages into same local file store where Toll will pull the files.
Destination UI supports only SFTP and email but not local store (FILE type).
I understand why it doesn’t support it , but we need to have it in Toll.

We can create FILE destinations manually but they are not shown on Integ subscriptions UI because of the same reasons.

How can we make FILE message destination appear in the list of destination on Integ Subscriptions UI?

1 Answer
Topic starter

Manually created message destinations will not appear in the UI directly. They need to be made available. PLT has a dedicate model called EntQueueSubsPerm which determines if the destination should be shown in the UI or not. Message Destinations which are created through Integ Subs UI directly appear in the UI since an EntQueueSubsPerm record is generated behind the scenes. You will see steps below to create a message destination for IntegSubs manually. The step that u need to look at is step 4.

How to create MessageDestinations eligible for IntegrationSubscription(Not through UI)

1. Create a MessageDestination record - for example, with name "MyFileDest"
  2. Create a MessageQueue record with "ISQ_"+<destination name=""> - "MyFileDest" – Name convention is not a must but good to have since UI uses same principle
  3. Create a MessageRoute record which maps MessageQueue(MyFileDest) and MessageDestination(MyFileDest)
  4. Create an EntQueueSubsPerm record which maps Enterprise and MessageQueue. You basically allow Enterprise to use MessageQueue for Integration Subscription purposes once you add the record.
Alexey Ulyanov 2013-11-19 00:11:00

regarding point2: I see that UI is using the following principe for message queue name: ISQ_<destinationname>

yyildiz Topic starter 2013-11-19 08:11:00

Yeah it seems like at one point we added the prefix. However as it is mentioned above same name or prefix+same name is good to have for clarity but not required.