Notifications
Clear all

[Solved] Data load failure due to Java heap space

3 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
Topic starter

I issued a “ant load-demo-data” command, and it’s taking a very long time to execute.

Looking into Tomcat’s logs, the issue seems to be here:

ERROR (strative Task_0) [   TransactionInterceptor] Application exception overridden by rollback exception
java.lang.OutOfMemoryError: Java heap space

How do I fix this?

3 Answers

in your viewroot, modify this file:

tomcat\bin\setenv.bat

change the "Xmx" (max heap size) value to something like this:

-Xmx1536M

then restart your server.

To avoid having to do this manually in the future for this local view, add this to install-staging/local.properties

server.jvm.Xmx=1536M

Finally, if you want to do this automatically for future bootstraps for other devs, create a file in your instance-spec subdirectory where your instance-spec resides, with the same name as your spec file but with a suffix of .properties, and inside it put the same property as above. For example, you might create rtvn-3pl-22.0.properties to accompany rtvn-3pl-22.0.spec, and in rtvn-3pl-22.0.properties put the value studio.jvm.mx=1536

Topic starter

Thank you very much for the fast reply

Topic starter

I ended up fixing the issue by editing the C:views
tvn-3pl-22.0install
un-jdwp.bat
file, and updating the Xmx parameter there:

rem custom Java options
set JAVA_OPTS=-Xrunjdwp:transport=dt_socket,address=8787,server=y,suspend=n -Djava.security.egd=file:/dev/./urandom -Xmx2056M -XX:-OmitStackTraceInFastThrow -XX:+HeapDumpOnOutOfMemoryError -XX:HeapDumpPath=%CATALINA_BASE%/bin/heap.hprof -Dfile.encoding=UTF-8 %JAVA_OPTS%
rem startup Tomcat